Achievements in the Legal Field
The ATLA also awarded Mr. Effres the Public Service Award for Contribution
to a Safer, More Just America. He earned the award for his work on the
tire separation litigation involving Firestone and Ford Motor Company.
Mr. Effres has been noticed in O’Brien’s Verdictum Juris because
of the influential character of his work. He has also been recognized
by the Pasadena Star and the Los Angeles Times for his work in police
shooting and child molestation cases. Mr. Effres is especially proud of
his firm’s role in obtaining justice for children who have been
injured or victimized. He has obtained numerous seven-figure results for
Distinguished & Devoted
Mr. Effres is a member of several professional associations, including
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice,
Outstanding Lawyers of America, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the American
Society of Legal Advocates, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and
the San Fernando Valley Bar Association.
He belongs to the American Association for Justice, the Consumer Attorneys
of California, and the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles.
He is a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and a member of the
Diversity Law Institute and the Trial Law Institute.
Mr. Effres has received the Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent rating for
the highest level of professional excellence and ethics in the practice of law.
Dedicated to Excellence
Mr. Effres was also a founder of Lawyers for Social Responsibility. He
is a contributing author of the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles Medical
Malpractice Handbook. Mr. Effres practices in the courts of California,
the U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, the U.S. District Court Central
and Southern Districts of California.
He handles cases in other states on a pro hac vice basis (special permission
from the court), and he has been consulted by attorneys nationally, including
Alaska, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania,
Virginia and Florida. He has also been a Settlement Conference Officer
for the Los Angeles County Superior Court and has received numerous Certificates
of Appreciation for his years of services.
A graduate of the Loyola Law School and Philadelphia University, Mr. Effres
graduated With Honors at both schools and has practiced law since 1983.
A History of Success
Mr. Effres was selected as a Southern California Super Lawyer for 2006
– 2016. Five percent of Southern California attorneys receive this
honor each year. In 2012 Mr. Effres was recognized by Los Angeles Magazine
and Super Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Southern California
as selected by his peers. He has been selected as one of The Top 1% Trial
Counsel for Medical Malpractice cases. He was selected by the American
Society of Legal Advocates as one of the top 100 Litigation lawyers in
the State of California. Less than 2% of lawyers receive this honor.
Mr. Effres is proud to be on the Honorary Board of the Los Angeles Trial
Lawyers Charities, a nonprofit organization founded, funded, and maintained
by lawyers within the Los Angeles Community. Its members are committed
to helping those who need it most. He serves residents throughout Southern
California, including Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino,
San Diego, Ventura, and all surrounding counties.
free consultation with our Los Angeles personal injury lawyer by
Areas of Practice
- California, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1984
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 1983
Graduated With Honors
Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1980
Graduated With Honors
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles Medical Malpractice Handbook, (Contributing
Honors & Awards
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of California – The National Trial Lawyers
- Profiled by Los Angeles Daily Journal, “Litigation Profile” Series
- “Spotlight,” Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Public Service Award for Contribution to a Safer, More Just America, Association
of Trial Lawyers of America
- O’Brien’s Verdictum Juris
- Recognized by the Pasadena Star
- Recognized by the Los Angeles Times
- Recognized by The Contra Costa Times
- Certificates of Appreciation, Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Profiled Los Angeles Magazine as a Southern California Super Lawyer –
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- Received the Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent rating for the highest level
of professional excellence and ethics in the practice of law
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates Associate
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Member
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association Member
- State Bar of California Member
- The American Association for Justice Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California President’s Club
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles Member
- Litigation Counsel of America Senior Fellow
- Lawyers for Social Responsibility Founder
- Los Angeles County Superior Court Settlement Conference Officer
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- National Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Diversity Law Institute
- Trial Law Institute
- American Bar Foundation
- August 20, 1958, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Call (818) 696-4234 now to speak to a skilled Los Angeles personal injury lawyer.