Skip to Content

Blogs from July, 2015


Bicyclists who suffer injuries in an accident caused by another can claim compensation for the injuries from the motorist's insurance coverage. You can claim compensation under the other person’s auto insurance, or his homeowner’s insurance. Speak to a Los Angeles bicycle accident lawyer, and learn what types of compensation insurance options are open to you after a bicycle accident.

The other person’s auto insurance may be sufficient to pay for your medical expenses and property damage to your bicycle. However, things can get complicated if the motorist involved in your accident is underinsured, or has no insurance at all. In some bicycle accidents, the motorist who is at fault simply flees the scene of the accident. In such hit- and- run bicycle accidents, the bicyclist may find it very challenging to recover damages because the motorist cannot be located. In such cases, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can help you recover compensation for all of your losses. It is highly recommended that any bicyclist buy uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to recover losses in an accident involving a motorist with no coverage or less than adequate coverage.

Make no mistake – there are far too many motorists without insurance or with less than adequate insurance driving in California. Although California has less strict laws that require a motorist to possess and carry a minimum amount of insurance coverage at all times, many motorists violate the law. If you are unlucky enough to be involved in an accident with a motorist like this, your chances of compensation are slim.

Speak to a Los Angeles bicycle accident lawyer about how to recover compensation after an accident with a motorist.

Share To:

Most Recent Posts from July, 2015